There are more than 300 Champagne Houses and about 5,000 smaller champagne producers. However, a very small number of them are great Champagne Houses. The ones included here are to me the very best because:
- They produce good and great champagnes only.
- They produce solid brut non-vintage champagnes consistently.
- They produce some of the very best champagnes that exist.
But I also take into consideration, to a lesser extent, other intangible aspects that contribute to the power of the seduction of champagne:
- They have a history that shaped their identity and the style of their champagnes.
- They carry on the underlying ambition of their founders to produce wines of superior quality with a distinctive character.
- They communicate their idea of champagne with meaningful storytelling.
- They enrich and move the champagne world forward, with their winemaking philosophies and R&D activities.
- They are found in attractive estates that are evidence and legacy of their successful history.
- They are embedded in brands that are recognized and respected by champagne connoisseurs and discerning consumers.
- They make me dream, thanks to all the above.
Click on the logos of the houses to learn more about their history, vineyard and production process, style and wines.