At the 2018 Champagne & Sparkling Wine World Championships (CSWWC) Awards Ceremony held in London on 24th October 2018, Louis Roederer was the House that won most titles.It won in the following categories:
- Supreme World Champion with Louis Roederer Brut Premier NV Magnum
- Best French Sparkling Wine 2018 with Louis Roederer Brut Premier NV Magnum
- Best Champagne Magnum with Louis Roederer Brut Premier NV Magnum
- Best Champagne Brut NV with Louis Roederer Brut Premier NV Magnum
- World Champion Classic Brut Non-Vintage Blend 2018 with Louis Roederer Brut Premier NV Magnum
- World Champion Classic Rosé 2018 with Louis Roederer Rosé 2010 Magnum
- Best Champagne Rosé Vintage with Louis Roederer Rosé 2010 Magnum
- Best Deluxe Champagne Rosé with Louis Roederer Cristal Rosé 2002 Magnum
- Best Deluxe Champagne Vintaged Brut with Louis Roederer Cristal 2002 Magnum
- Best Deluxe Champagne Magnum with Louis Roederer Cristal Rosé 2002 Magnum
The full list of awards and results are included below:
ABOUT LOUIS ROEDERER
To learn in details about Louis Roederer and what makes their champagne so successful we invite you to read:
Our page on Louis Roederer.
Our exclusive interview with its President Frédéric Rouzaud.
CSWWC is the only international wine competition in which every wine is judged exclusively by world-class sparkling wine specialists: founder Tom Stevenson, Essi Avellan (MW), and Dr. Tony Jordan, together with permanent reserve judge George Márkus.
All wines are tasted blind and by origin to ensure medal winners are evaluated within the context of their typicality of provenance.
The judges are told it is a champagne, the grape varieties in order of importance (not the percentages as that would be a clue to the identity) and its style (Rosé, Blanc de Blancs, Vintage etc).